Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Motion Graphics research

It is my understanding that motion graphics can be created in both a scripted and modeling fashion, but would be far quicker and simpler to script it. I have never been really interested in motion graphics because to me it seems more scripting heavy, as oppose to being more creative in designing something. Thats not to say I dont like the motion graphics of which people create. I have also noticed that the majority of motion graphics are used in things such as Idents, Adverts and things of the like. It seems to me that this area of the design industry is where motion graphics should be. I think this is due to the readily available technology and software available, such as Motion or After effects. These programs enable designers to create something quickly, efficiently and allows them a lot of freedom in terms of how to create their project. I have noticed that Typography is frequently used in this field, and some very nice designs can be created with it. I also see how audio is often used in conjunction with motion graphics pojects, and usually helps to immerse the viewer into the visual effects. You can also notice how motion graphics employ some very creative camera angle shots and pan effects within each project. For me it makes the graphic look much better.



This is an example of how Typography is used within motion graphics. I really like how the designer has used it to portray a fast paced conversation. The only thing that I do not like about this motion graphic, is how the text is occasionally difficult to see. It sometimes moves rapidly, or gets partially cut off. Its colour scheme is very nice, and I think it helps excentuate how the conversation flows.



This next graphic is one of my favorite's, because of the different lighting effects in which it shows. It has some very unique effects, such as the face made up of different triangles. Things like this, which show fresh and new ideas towards motion graphics, are something which I enjoy. I dont like to see things which have already been done. I think it also shows that these kinds of motion graphics are created using scripts, otherwise it would be so tedious to replicate all the objects in different animated positions. I believe that due to this fact, motion graphic designers have a healthy distribution for technical knowledge and creativity. I also really like how the designer has created a stop motion effect with vectorised lines and shapes floating across the screen. This effect looks really nice, especially with the movement of the camera angles.



This next motion graphic has some amazing effects. Again they seem to have been created via scripting. I also think that the way each different animation reacts with the audio is quite creative, even though it is an old technique, it does work beautifully. I especially like the opening with the water effect over the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment