Monday, 15 February 2010

Update 9 - Title screen

Heres the latest of my progress video's. This one shows a title screen going into the game. Again, its rough around the edges and not quite finished, but its a milestone in progres.

Heres the video

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your game is going well so far Mark but I was wondering what kind of 'health' system you had in mind for the final game? Is it going to be regenerative/in percent/lives etc etc.

    -Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. its going to be armor based, similar to that of Armored Core.

    Example... your mech has 1000 points of hull integrety, and it gets reduced every time damage is incured. You can collect "armor boosts" to increase your hull, even to the point where it exceeds your starting armor.
    I will try to incorporate a movement reduction system for the higher armor points you have, but im not sure how i acn do this just yet. I may even cap the armor, and you can only increase the maximum by certian power-ups ingame. Early days just now, because I am still trying to figure this code out.

    //Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could incorporate the speed reduction with some form of variable integer where you have (speed = 10/(your current armor value/normal armour)

    -Karl

    ReplyDelete